Wednesday, April 28, 2010

pretty bored tonight

Molly and I did some "Molly school" today. I have the Singapore Math curriculum I mentioned in an earlier post. What we have is supposed to be the first half of kindergarten, I assume if this was used in a school it would take the first semester. I guess that means we shouldn't be flying through it at the speed we are. There are ten units in the book and we do half a unit in a sitting, and we could do more but we stop after half. So far nothing has been even the slightest bit challenging for her, following the directions properly is harder for her than the actual work.

I think we'll still go through the whole book and move on to book B that way we can seamlessly move on to the first grade book probably sometime over the summer. At least by then she'll be 4 and I won't feel so weird about having a 3 year old doing first grade math.

On a completely different note, my friend Erin who also has a blog: http://motherhoodyall.blogspot.com/ has given me an award, hurray my first blog award! It's the Honest Scrap award :-)


So, here are the rules...As part of receiving this wonderful Blog Award you are required to list 10 random things about yourself and then pass along this award to your 10 favorite bloggers. I don't know that I follow 10 blogs that I can pass it on to so I think I'll just do the 10 random things :-)

1. Every single time I get back to my house after running around I change into my "comfy pants." Sometimes they are sweats, sometimes gauchos but I very rarely keep my jeans on. If I need to go somewhere else later, I'll just change back into my jeans so I end up changing my pants like 8 times a day.

2. The older I get the more afraid of flying I get, which is weird because I've never really had a bad experience. I just get more nervous each and every time I get on a plane. 

3. I really like McDonald's. I don't want to like it, but I do. Sometimes I get a craving for it and it's all I can do to resist. Mmm...french fries.
4. I can stand horror movies. I watched them a lot as a kid, but anymore I just can't stand them. Even stupid ones that very few people actually find scary I will find scary and have bad dreams from it. 
5. In reference to #4, I still get freaked out when I'm alone at night. I have a terribly active imagination and I want to run up the stairs because I'm just sure something awful is behind me. Rationally I know that's not true, but for some reason I always scare myself to death. I also always hop quickly into bed because I'm positive some scary claws are going to reach out and grab my legs if I'm not quick. Yes, I might as well still be 5 years old. 
6. I like teeny-bopper girl movies. I actually own New York Minute with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. Commence your mocking. 
7. I hate shoe shopping. I have feet that are not shaped for shoes and shoe shopping is miserable because I can't ever find anything that fits. Most things don't come in extra wide.
8. I LOVE mashed potatoes, it's an addiction really. But not mashed potatoes you can make at home, though I really like those too, I love mashed potatoes from Popeye's or KFC. 
9. I really like watching cheerleading and dancing competitions on TV, probably on account of the fact that I am so amazingly uncoordinated in that regard and I'd never be able to do it. 
10. I hate putting away laundry except Molly's. For some reason I enjoy her laundry, I guess because everything is cute and matchy-matchy and small. 

6 comments:

  1. I do your #1 too, I mostly put on some pajama pants when I get home, for some reason I just can't wear jeans around the house, unless company is over of course. And, when we get out of bed in the morning (if Wes is off work) he immediately puts on jeans and a shirt and for some reason it really irks me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a memory... didn't we watch that J Lo movie The Cell really late at night over christmas break 2000? and it scared the crap out of us? And my cat went wild? I'm still freaked out at corn silos. (uh, my memory fades as I get older so I'm going to feel dumb if that wasn't you) And I'm w/ you - I can barely sleep when Jacob is out of town and I'm alone at night in the dark. I don't watch the dance competitions but dance movies are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, that was me, except I don't remember watching The Cell, but I do remember your cat going crazy and swearing I would never have a cat because they were creepy. Hmm, and now I have a cat. I love him but he does creep me out every now and then, but as we've learned from this post, it doesn't take much to creep me out :-P

    Don't worry my fear of flying isn't debilitating or anything, I just get a little anxious. Hopefully it won't get any worse than that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, I share the flying fear which is mega weird. AND I have an irrational fear of the deep end of pools when I'm alone in the pool. I am literally convinced (while in it) that their might be a shark in there. This is a mixture of a twilight zone episode with a porthole in the deep end of a pool and a fear of things I can't see... as in like things in deep water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh ya and I WAS the same way about fear and night and such but having a husband who has worked nights since we have been married cured me of that.

    ReplyDelete