Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A book Molly read tonight

We did some reading together tonight. I read her two LONG books from the library and in return she read me two Molly books.

One of them was Where is Max? She really impressed me with her reading. It's a leveled reader but introduces several sight words that don't follow any regular reading rules. She needed help with many of the words, but she figured out a few on her own, words we've never worked on. She figured out these words all on her own: you, softly, empty, Max's (apostrophe, tricky stuff), low, down. We've got quite a few more lessons for the reading rules, but I think it might be time to incorporate more sight words.


On a non-school related note, we didn't get to go to Texas for my grandpa's funeral today. We got up early and got all ready to go, then got Molly out of bed and she obviously wasn't feeling well. I called my grandma to tell her I wasn't sure we were going to make it and she was understanding but sad, of course. Right after I got off the phone Molly got sick, yuck. After that she perked up a bit and hasn't gotten sick the rest of the day, but she's hasn't been her normal self. She's been really sinus-y with a runny nose and lots of stuffiness and sneezes. I think the getting sick was related to mucous and not a virus, at least I hope so. She's eaten a bit today and has seemed fine, she even ate 4 chicken nuggets for dinner and still appears fine. So all in all today I've felt a bit low and stressed, but everything will be fine in the long run. In the next few weeks we'll try to get down to Texas again, after all the chaos subsides a bit.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. I hope Molly gets to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete