Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lotsa pictures

Yesterday Molly ran in the "Amazing Race" at school. It was a fundraiser for the school and each of the kids asked for sponsors. They ran, oh, maybe 30 yards, not far at all, but far enough for a group of 3-4 year olds (and bigger kids too). Each one of them got a medal for participating and Molly was SOOO proud of herself and had to hold on to the medal even though it was on a ribbon around her neck and not going anywhere.

So, first a few pics from the race.

First they had to stretch, you can't really see Molly in this picture, but she's there I promise.


Waiting to run, she's holding her friend Isabella's hand. I hear about Isabella ALL the time, I think they play together just about every day at school.


and.....GO!


And crossing the finish line, like I said, it was a very short race, but they did all run in the same direction, I thought that was a pretty big achievement in itself.


Molly ran over and showed me her medal.


So now onto today. We met some friends at the Arts Festival in downtown OKC. The Arts Festival is a pretty big deal and a lot of fun. Lots of artists selling their work, but also lots of delicious local food and music and dance groups and fun things to do, including running around in the Myriad Gardens. The gardens are about to be shut down for a year for a big renovation so this is the last big event I believe.


We went to the stage and saw these Irish dancers. I lose because I don't remember what their troupe is called, oops. They were fairly young though, the youngest was 10 and the oldest was 24. Neither of those people is in this picture.


Molly had to get up and dance too, it's what she does. In the first pic she actually looks like she knows what she's doing, what with that pointed toe and all, but rest assured, she doesn't. I just love the trash can in the background, don't you??



Then we went over to the pond and looked at the local wildlife. The koi in this pond were ridiculously big, they could've eaten my arm, seriously. We didn't have our polarization filter so none of the fish pics turned out very well, too much reflection.

There was a concert going on across the pond (haha!) with some crusty hippie musicians, but they sounded pretty good. 


Molly found this tiny flower and carried it around for 15 minutes or so.


This was a neat metal leaf sculpture that she couldn't get enough of, we have at least 30-40 pics of her playing in here, but these are my favorites. I can't get the kid to make a normal face to save my life, so I'll take whatever she offers me, silly girl. Make it bigger and you can see the ridiculous face she's making, and the pic is so nicely framed by the cranes, ahhh, nature.




I might have another post later with some real content, but for now that is all :-)

1 comment:

  1. How cute!! She is a dancer. I love that picture, and yes she does look like a pro.
    What a nice medal! Way to go, Molly.

    ReplyDelete