Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Dover coloring books

I came across these really neat coloring books yesterday.

http://store.doverpublications.com/by-subject-coloring-books.html

They are coloring books that cover just about every topic under the sun, from science to art to history. Each page has a little blurb of info that makes it great for giving Molly just a little info about the subject at hand without overwhelming her...at least that is my theory :-P

The books are $3.99 and shipping is $5.95 on their website so naturally I went to Amazon to see what I could find. I have no problem buying used and really it can save a pretty penny over time. So far I have only bought one, the Wild Animals coloring book, a used copy that has not been colored in and it cost me a grand total of $4. 56 including shipping. I think I'll get one or two more. I really like the art ones like "Color your own famous American painting." How cool is that for early art history??

On Amazon you can find books that aren't listed on the website because they aren't making them anymore so really, it's the best of both worlds. I also got my reading curriculum, The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading, on Amazon for about 2/3rds of the retail cost.

More about the materials I'm using later on :-)

2 comments:

  1. I see that you can register to receive free samples on the Dover site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that yesterday, I got my email and I'm checking out what they sent me. How exciting! I love free stuff!

    ReplyDelete